6 January : Day Skipper Theory Course
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers. It will be conducted over 6 days (3 weekends).
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and life rafts
This event has sold out, however you may still place bookings to be added to the waiting list.
You will not be charged for your booking unless a space becomes available.
Last updated 3:57pm on 13 November 2017