Introduction to eSailing
Banbury Sailing Club is delighted to announce the launch of eSailing to keep us busy while we cannot sail for real.
What is eSailing?
Basically it is an interactive event where you control a virtual boat - some may call it a video game! That said, it is a good way to practice your sailing skills, while sailing against your friends from the Club.
Have a look at these sections for further details...
We look forward to seeing you on the virtual water. Sailing without getting wet... this might just catch on!
Many thanks to Sue and Neil Firth for running the eSailing series at BSC.
At Banbury, we are using Virtual Regatta for our eSailing events. This is an online game which tests your sailing tactics and is a lot of fun.
Virtual Regatta is free to use, works on PCs, tablets and smartphones, and has a built in 'Sailing School' to get you up to speed.
Getting Set Up
- See what's involved and get some useful tips by watching the short RYA videos in the eSailing Videos folder.
- To get the software, visit the Virtual Regatta website or download 'Virtual Regatta Inshore' on your smartphone or tablet.
- Check out the help guides in the eSailing Documents folder. Read the 'Getting Started' guide first.
Join in the Banbury SC events
- Set up your Virtual Regatta account.
- Complete the BSC eSailing Registration Form.
- Get practising in the VR Sailing School.
- Check out the eSailing programme and join us when you can.
We look forward to seeing you on the virtual water soon!
Last updated 16:32 on 8 November 2020