Safety Boat Use
Published 11:37 on 18 Jul 2020
It is the responsibility of all members to ensure equipment and touch points are cleaned both before and after use and that they bring along to the club their own hand sanitiser to use before and after touching anything.
Users should assume all equipment is contaminated.
An adult must be responsible for supervising safety boat cleaning.
- Access the Chunky Dory container key from safe secure place and return to the safe secure place after opening.
- Remove Chunky from storage carefully so that only one person is in the container at a time and adhere to social distancing rules.
- Wash the container door handles, boat key, kill cord and all surfaces of boat, trailer handles and any other touch points with soapy water bucket left in the container (there will be a soft brush and sponge with the bucket).
- Move the boat to the winch area with one person pushing and one person pulling.
- The winch rope will be left in the container in a bucket of soapy water. The key to the race box to turn the power on will be on the keyring with the container key.
- The safety boat should be single manned unless the crew is from the same family/bubble.
- Driver and crew (if there is one) should wear a neck buff/face covering that they can put over their mouth and nose should they need to come into contact with anyone closer than the current social distancing rules.
- When recovering the safety boat please ensure that the winch touch points are cleaned with sanitising spray (kept in the container) and the emergency stop button is set to off.
- Before putting the boat back in the container sanitise with the spray (kept in the container) all key touch points (kill cord, throttle, gears and gunwhales where the driver sits) and wash the remainder of the boat with soapy water.
- Return the winch rope to the bucket of soapy water.
Last updated 19:55 on 18 August 2020