Covid 19 protocols in place - from 7th June
Published 00:00 on 7 Jun 2021
- The Club has undertaken full Covid risk assessments at every stage of the Government's Roadmap to ensure that we fully comply with all current regulations.
- Members are reminded that they are expected to follow all Government guidance in force whilst on site and around other members.
- It is a requirement for the Club to keep a record of all visitors for 21 days, to support NHS Track and Trace, please either check in by scanning the NHS Track and Trace QR Code in the window by the Clubhouse entrance or sign into the club portal on your mobile and check in on arrival and check out when leaving.
- At the Club, members can undertake personal sailing, paddle sports and club racing.
- A one way operation is in place for entry and exit to the clubhouse - along with a strict limit on numbers in the changing rooms at any one time. There is a poster explaining this and the system in use at the entrance to the Clubhouse. Face coverings must be worn if entering the Clubhouse at any time.
- Whilst current Government advise is still that people should change and shower at home as much as possible, the Club changing rooms are now open with limits on numbers who can use them at one time (four in the Mens' and three in the Ladies'). Time spent in the changing rooms should be kept as mimimal as possible with all windows open. Bags/personal belongings must not be stored in the changing rooms or the clubhouse - they must be removed to a vehicle or stored outside.
- The changing rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised on a weekly basis, using approved virucidal cleansers. There are mist sanitisers in the changing rooms which members are expected to use after changing. There are several hand sanitisers throughout the open areas of the clubhouse and members are asked to use these on entry and exit.
- Showers are open - please do not use the middle one in either changing room. The only variance to this is if there is a need to use the middle electric shower in the Ladies', in which case this is the only one to be used.
- Cleaning protocols for the use of club equipment must be followed - these can be found on the members portal here.
- Although there is no limit on spectator numbers, a maximum of 30 spectators can gather on shore in one group.
- When using the pontoon, adequate distance must be kept between members to ensure social distancing is being adhered to.
- Safety boat crews should be from a maximum of two households.
The Club is also guided by our governing body - the RYA. Their latest guidance regarding Return to Boating can be found here.
As from 17th May, we are at Step Three out of lockdown.
- All members must check in for Track and Trace - either using the Club portal or using the NHS App.
- Face coverings required - maintain social distancing
- Main Clubhouse - closed
- Galley/Bar - closed
- Disabled toilet - open for use (not for changing)
- Changing rooms and showers - open - observe room capacity limits and protocols (eg avoiding use if possible, limits on numbers, open windows, sanitiser spray after use, etc.)
- Maintain social distancing
- Club equipment to be pre-booked and cleaned after use
- Boat crews can be from two households
- Observe all current Covid regulations
Last updated 16:12 on 21 August 2021