Changing Rooms and Showers Now Open Every Day
Published 09:34 on 18 Jun 2021
Following the latest Covid roadmap and guidance from the RYA, the Covid Sub-Committee have decided to fully open the changing rooms and showers. The official Government guidance recommends that 'members should shower and change at home where possible, and, if they do need to use changing rooms, they should minimise time spent inside.'
- There will be a limit on numbers of people at a time - a maximum of three in the ladies' changing rooms and four in the men's changing rooms.
- Entrance to the changing rooms will be through the balcony side door and the whiteboard in the corridor will give details of how to check if there is space free. Anyone waiting must stay on the balcony area until there is space available.
- Masks must be worn on entrance to the clubhouse - and exit should be made through the main door back onto the balcony.
- There are several hand sanitisers throughout the open areas of the clubhouse and members are asked to use these on entry and exit.
- Windows must be left open during the day in the changing rooms to increase ventilation.
- Showers are open - please do not use the middle one in either changing room. The only variance to this is if there is a need to use the middle electric shower in the ladies, in which case this is the only one to be used.
- The changing rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised on a weekly basis, using approved virucidal cleansers. There are mist sanitisers in the changing rooms which members are expected to use after changing.
- Please do not leave bags in the changing room - put them back in your vehicle between use.
- The general clubhouse, galley and bar remains closed.
- Please note that although the clubhouse and changing rooms are thoroughly cleaned once a week, there is not any additional, daily cleaning of the changing rooms.
For a complete overview of what you can and can't currently do at the Club, please click here.
Last updated 09:43 on 8 May 2022