Published 11:11 on 21 Mar 2018
Despite the cold and frosty weather and the first weekend of sailing cancelled due to ice, the start of the sailing season is upon us.
Its time to dust off the sailing kit, check the seals on the dry suit, sort out the boat and then get on to the water.
The club calendar is published on the internet in three different formats:
· In calendar format here on the website.
· If you click on any of the month names in the calendar, the format will change to a grid that you can print out if you wish.
· You can click to subscribe to this calendar to add all the events to your own electronic calendar.
Hopefully one of these will work for you.
This year’s calendar includes one or two changes to the racing series:
· The Robin Foster and Bill Mansfield Trophies are back in the calendar.
· We have two ‘special event’ days, these consist of a series of three pursuit races for the day.
· There are two regatta days, these consist of a four race series for the day (with three of them also counting to the main series).
· There are two mini-series, one at the end of the spring series and one at the end of the summer series. These will be held over four separate Sundays. These races will also count to the main series.
Confused? Take a look at our guide to the race series formats.
To help those members who are new to racing and explain how things work, we have also added the following documents to the Sunday Duties area of the Members Portal:
· Updated PDO Manual.
· Simple Guide To Race Organisation.
· 2018 Handicaps.
· Arrival checklist.
· Leaving Checklist.
· BSC Race Format Notes.
· Guide to pursuit races.
This year we have promised that the race results will be calculated on the day and then uploaded on to the intranet the week following the racing. We haven’t quite managed that the first two weeks due to a problem uploading to the intranet, however a hard copy has been posted on the notice board.
We look forward to seeing you on the water.
The Sailing Committee
Last updated 10:13 on 8 February 2019