Autumn Youth Training 2020
Format of the day
We will be running 2 sessions, one will start at 1000hrs and run until 1200hrs, the second will start at 1300hrs and finish at 1500hrs. Please aim to arrive around 0900hrs for the morning session and 1215 for the afternoon session. Sailors using club equipment in the morning should bring their boats ashore and clean down their boats in line with the cleaning down procedure. The boats should also be de-rigged even if the boat is planned to be used in the afternoon.
Please make sure you book on to the relevant session as early as possible in the week and by the end of Thursday of the week of the training at the latest. This allows time to ensure we only have the instructors on site that are required. Booking on will be via the club website, please make sure you're logged in before you try to book on. Please note that there is NO youth club fee to be paid.
We have rules that everyone must adhere to enable the remaining days to be safe for everyone..
The Rules we need you to follow are below. Please be vigilant at all times and do not be afraid to question people if you do not believe they are adhering to the rules (this includes the instructors!).
- -Maximum number of 5 people in any group
- -Max 1 parent to assist with launching and recovery. The pontoon is very narrow and will become congested easily, so please be patient and keep your distance!
- -Please rig your boats in your boat park space and only bring the boat to the water when you are ready to launch it. We need to keep traffic on the lawn to a minimum.
- -Please arrive at the club changed and be prepared to travel home wet as the clubhouse is still not open for changing.
- -The disabled toilet is open for the use of the toilet, but changing is strictly prohibited!
- -No kit is to be shared between children from different households.
- -Club buoyancy aids are not available for use. We can suggest places that you can get hold of one at a fair price if required.
- -Club boats are available for use, but a strict cleaning procedure must be followed. You must also book club equipment prior to arriving at the club. Equipment for cleaning will be provided.
- -We must ask that you keep gatherings of people children and adults to less than 6 in line with government guidelines.
This event encompases the following:
- Youth Training A2 : 26 September, 10:00 - 15:00
- Youth Training A3 : 3 October, 10:00 - 15:00
- Youth Training A4 : 10 October, 10:00 - 15:00
- Youth Training A5 : 17 October, 10:00 - 15:00
- Youth Training A6 : 24 October, 10:00 - 15:00
- Youth Training A7 : 31 October, 10:00 - 15:00
Last updated 6:38pm on 15 September 2020